23 Church Walk, PE1 1SB
based on ratings from 26 users
combined with 6 pro reviews
If you also set a star rating, the star rating won't be shown anywhere but will still be used when calculating the game's overall score on Escape The Review.
this room is way too small
Whilst attending a certain magical college, you find the final exam could be a little taxing... Like Overthronw borrowing heavily on Game of Thrones imagery, you don't need to have read/seen the Harry Potter books to enjoy this room but you will appreciate some things you find. This is a fairly small room but there is a variety of puzzles with some clever reveals.
My first room I did loved it so much did another one straight after.
Some really lovely details in this room and some instinctive, logical puzzles. A couple of really excellent elements to this game that we particularly enjoyed - a fun room.
Being aimed towards families, it's an easier game that wouldn't challenge enthusiasts but my team members, being new to escaping, absolutely loved it. One to do if you're new to escaping or still establishing a new team who aren't used to recognising puzzles. Glasgow offer this game with 2 rooms so 2 different teams can compete against each other as well as trying to escape the room.
Fun room for fans of Harry Potter. We thought there were a couple of really unique puzzles/sections of the room which we really enjoyed, it really added to the 'magical' element of the room. There wasn't anything particularly difficult, the room was one of the more easy ones we've played generally, but there was a couple of times where I think one would struggle to work out a clue without hints. Either way, this was a great room to play. I would recommend for first timers and families with younger children, but this doesn't mean adults/experienced players wouldn't enjoy it either!
Reviews by escape room review sites
In the almost-year since I’ve visited, but it definitely stands out as one of my favourites of 2020. I’d recommend this for a beginner team, a team of magic fans, or anyone wanting a satisfying escape room experience.
We needed a family-friendly room, and this fits the bill beautifully - minimal jeopardy in a fantastical yet cosily familiar world.
- Escape London (Shadwell): Witchcraft and Wizardry (East London) (closed)
- Escape Newcastle: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Newcastle upon Tyne)
- Escape Sheffield: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Sheffield)
- Escape Skegness: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Skegness)
- Escape Stoke: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Stoke-on-Trent)
- Escape Colchester: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Colchester)
- Escape Dundee: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Dundee)
- Escape Glasgow: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Glasgow)
- Escape Hull: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Kingston upon Hull)
- Escape Livingston: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Livingston)
- Escape Leicester: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Leicester)
- Escape Leamington Spa: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Leamington Spa)
- Escape Milton Keynes: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Milton Keynes)
- Escape Plymouth: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Plymouth)
- Escape Stirling: Witchcraft & Wizardry (Stirling)
- Escape London (Shadwell): School of Magic (East London)
- Escape Edinburgh: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Edinburgh)
- Escape Dublin: Witchcraft & Wizardry (Dublin)