based on ratings from 66 users
combined with 6 pro reviews
If you also set a star rating, the star rating won't be shown anywhere but will still be used when calculating the game's overall score on Escape The Review.
Thoroughly enjoyed this room, we did it as a race in two teams. One puzzle we both struggled with and needed clued on, but apparently it's quite common. The puzzles were thrilling. The only issue I have is that GMs are running multiple games, so can't give attention to both teams.
We didn't need it so much, but some teams do, and I can't imagine how difficult it is running two games at once! I think running rooms should require a GM's full attention.
But again, that's just my opinion, and it didn't impact our games too much.
Lovely hosts, lovely game, thanks Escape Sheffield!
A Harry Potter room without saying Harry Potter ha!
Some very original moments in this game with some clever surprised made this a fun game for our team. One of the closing puzzles we had never seen anything like and it was really well executed.
Some nice elements to this room. One for the HP fans.
Fun room for fans of Harry Potter. We thought there were a couple of really unique puzzles/sections of the room which we really enjoyed, it really added to the 'magical' element of the room. There wasn't anything particularly difficult, the room was one of the more easy ones we've played generally, but there was a couple of times where I think one would struggle to work out a clue without hints. Either way, this was a great room to play. I would recommend for first timers and families with younger children, but this doesn't mean adults/experienced players wouldn't enjoy it either!
First ever escape room for me and so possibly slightly rose-tinted as a memory. Loved some of the revealing aspects.
Reviews by escape room review sites
Witchcraft & Wizardry is certainly a pretty room, with plenty of fan service to those who like the Harry Potter franchise. It's also a noticeably small room, which means this is a game I'd recommend playing with a small team.
To my cynical eye it was rather heavily based on unlocking one padlocked drawer after another, with a few more red herring items than I can approve of. The rule that everything is used exactly once was broken in the other direction too, with an item being unexpectedly need...
In the almost-year since I’ve visited, but it definitely stands out as one of my favourites of 2020. I’d recommend this for a beginner team, a team of magic fans, or anyone wanting a satisfying escape room experience.
We needed a family-friendly room, and this fits the bill beautifully - minimal jeopardy in a fantastical yet cosily familiar world.
- Escape London (Shadwell): Witchcraft and Wizardry (East London) (closed)
- Escape Newcastle: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Newcastle upon Tyne) (closed)
- Escape Peterborough: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Peterborough)
- Escape Skegness: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Skegness)
- Escape Stoke: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Stoke-on-Trent)
- Escape Colchester: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Colchester)
- Escape Dundee: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Dundee)
- Escape Glasgow: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Glasgow)
- Escape Hull: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Kingston upon Hull)
- Escape Livingston: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Livingston)
- Escape Leicester: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Leicester)
- Escape Leamington Spa: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Leamington Spa) (closed)
- Escape Milton Keynes: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Milton Keynes)
- Escape Plymouth: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Plymouth)
- Escape Stirling: Witchcraft & Wizardry (Stirling)
- Escape London (Shadwell): Witchcraft and Wizardry (East London)
- Escape Edinburgh: Witchcraft and Wizardry (Edinburgh)
- Escape Dublin: Witchcraft & Wizardry (Dublin)
- Escape Leamington Spa: Witchcraft & Wizardry (Leamington Spa)