Languages: EN, SV
based on ratings from 6 users
combined with 4 pro reviews
If you also set a star rating, the star rating won't be shown anywhere but will still be used when calculating the game's overall score on Escape The Review.
Whilst a great theme, unfortunately the game play and decor felt a little light.
I was looking forward to this game as I'd heard great things, however I felt a little disappointed as overall the game is on the easier side and doesn't have alot to do.
If you've played similar games, then aspects of this game will be very easy for you! If you're a first time player it might trip you up slightly.
It was a very immersive experience, part of it is a little theatrical act played by the host which was well done and the overall setting feels realistic. Most of the clues and puzzles are quite straightforward but clever. logical and very fun to work with. The first half of the room has more exciting hands-on puzzles while the second half is more about standard padlocks, safes, code breaking and pattern solving. Overall, the immersiveness of the experience, great storyline and flow of the game made the experience really great. The only downside was the difficulty which could be higher and that the acting which is at the beginning could be included also later in the game.
Reviews by escape room review sites
The opening sequence of Prison has a striking similarity to that of another game I've played elsewhere, despite no official connection between the companies that I'm aware of. Fox in a Box have certainly had this game open longer than the other venue, so that's either a case of coincidentally similar design or of the other company being 'inspired' by this one. There are some significant differences too, and the other parts of the games are quite different, so I'm assuming the former.
We enjoyed Prison Break A LOT. With Fox in a Box, you know what you’re getting – it’s going to be a pretty consistently high standard escape room, no matter where you are in the world. Fox in a Box London is made all the better by a fantastic team of hosts and really creative pop-ups like the Fox Games, and some frankly brilliant social media campaigns. As such, it’s always a joy to play anything that the company has put it’s fox paws on, and I’m already counting down the days until we can book another experience with them!
- Fox in a Box Munich: Prison (Munich)
- Fox in a Box London: Prison Break (East London)
- Fox in a Box Vienna: Prison (Vienna) (closed)
- Fox in a Box Gran Canaria: Prison (Maspalomas)
- Fox in a Box Los Angeles: Prison Break (Los Angeles) (closed)
- Wild Goose Escapes Huntington: Prison (Huntington Beach)
- RoomEscape Wilder Kaiser: Prison (Ellmau)
- Locks & Clocks Wien: Prison (Vienna)
- Fox in a Box Graz: Prison Break (Graz)
- Fox in a Box Oslo: Prison Break (Oslo)
- Fox in a Box Brisbane: Prison Break (Brisbane)
- Fox in a Box Zagreb: Prison Break (Zagreb)
- Fox in a Box Rijeka: Prison (Rijeka)
- Fox in a Box Malmö: Prison Break (Malmö)
- Fox in a Box Chicago: The Prison (Chicago)