Cabot Circus, BS1 3BX
Step onto a pirate galleon in the middle of a battle for control of the High Seas. Your captain, the terrifying Blackbeard, has just been killed and his ship is shot to pieces and sinking fast.
based on ratings from 31 users
combined with 4 pro reviews
If you also set a star rating, the star rating won't be shown anywhere but will still be used when calculating the game's overall score on Escape The Review.
A decent enough game that looked pretty but I felt was let down by the GM constantly talking to us on the mic. "You'll need that later", "No need to apply force to that!" (We weren't) as well as coming in extremely quickly with hints for a couple of things where we had barely had any time to consider a solution. One of the physical puzzles I solved in 3 seconds - not sure if by chance. One hint came at the end at the same time we had realised what to do, and even though we still had 20 minutes remaining on the clock. Maybe these shiny chain venues are so used to "normal" players that the default is to spoon-feed players. Either way, doesn't inspire us to try more Escape Hunt rooms.
Not Escape Hunt's best game but we loved some of the more story-based puzzles and had a lot of fun.
We returned to EscapeHunt as a team of two to celebrate Saint Valentine, as it seems to be a new tradition for us! Blackbeard Treasure was to the same quality level as The Last Vikings, really atmospheric with great decors and our host, Captain Michael, was on point! Similar to The Last Vikings, all our clues were given in character. "Hey matey, things tends to fall when on the sea, maybe check the floor" type of clues. Very similar to the Last Vikings, the puzzles were very hands on and only a few code locks within the room. The puzzles were of very varied difficulties, that would fit both experienced players with a 0 clues completion and new players who want to experience various types of puzzles that escape games can offer. One puzzle though was surprisingly made harder that it should have been as all the hints were already present on the piece of paper that you receive to solve it. Another great room for Liverpool! Highly recommend for anyone who hasn't tried EscapeHunt yet. Looking forward to try their 'Cowboys' room and the future Alice In Wonderland. 😮
Another visit to Escape Hunt! Yet again the theme is really immersive! I did prefer the other two rooms I’ve done here, a few things felt a bit worn out or broken even though the room was new, but it is still worth a visit!
Reviews by escape room review sites
Our least favourite game that we have played at Escape Hunt. The puzzles could have been really good but their execution was somewhat lacking. An enjoyable game overall however
- Escape Hunt Birmingham: Blackbeard's Treasure (Birmingham)
- Escape Hunt Oxford: Blackbeard's Treasure (Oxford)
- Escape Hunt Edinburgh: Blackbeard's Treasure (Edinburgh) (closed)
- Escape Hunt Leeds: Blackbeard's Treasure (Leeds)
- Escape Hunt Manchester: Blackbeard's Treasure (Manchester)
- Escape Hunt Reading: Blackbeard's Treasure (Reading)
- Escape Hunt Liverpool: Blackbeard's Treasure (Liverpool)
- Escape Hunt Play At Home: Blackbeard's Treasure (remote livestream)
- Escape Hunt Basingstoke: Blackbeard's Treasure (Basingstoke)
- Escape Hunt Lakeside: Blackbeard's Treasure (West Thurrock)
- Escape Hunt Kingston: Blackbeard's Treasure (Kingston upon Thames)
- Escape Hunt Watford: Blackbeard's Treasure (Watford)
- Escape Hunt Milton Keynes: Blackbeard's Treasure (Milton Keynes)
- Escape Hunt Exeter: Blackbeard's Treasure (Exeter)