based on ratings from 7 users
combined with 4 pro reviews
Billed as their beginner room, this is a padlock fest (I think I counted 18/19?) and has some interesting puzzles that introduces a lot of basic concepts of escape rooms (even if the story makes no sense in context).
How Many Hints?!
I took advantage of another Groupon to get this room at a good price.
A radiation leak forced you into this bunker, where you've been living for years. It's safe to return up top, but now you're locked in and oxygen levels are critically low. Escape before the last sixty minutes of breathable air runs out.
Far too samey; almost all of them involved finding combinations of numbers, which doesn't strike as being creative enough given the storyline. There was an incredibly misleading red herring that can only be described as stupid. One puzzle and its solution were far too tenuously linked for you to know what to do. My biggest gripe, though, was the amount of hints that were being thrown left, right and centre at us. Despite our team being engaged in trying to solve puzzles, the giveaway messages came through thick and fast.
It did feel like a bunker, but I suppose giving compact underground shelter vibes isn't too demanding a task. The damp smell was probably the most realistic part. There was a pointless, unwarranted crawling part that didn't contribute anything to the experience.
At least it was cheap.
Reviews by escape room review sites
This was the first room we did at Clue HQ Brentwood, and it left me feeling a little flat, was it a bad room? No, but it didn't fill me with joy either. The look of the room was OK, not spectacular, but it fit the bill, there were a couple of puzzles or hiding spots that I did not enjoy, one of which goes against what you are told in every other escape room, and therefore went unnoticed for some time. There were some positives, the theming was pretty good, and there were a few good puzzles, so, not too bad and still worth a visit at the right price, and if you are going to complete multiple rooms.
- Clue HQ Malvern: Bunker 38 (Malvern)
- Clue HQ Sunderland: Bunker 38 (Sunderland)
- Clue HQ Swindon: Bunker 38 (Swindon)
- Clue HQ Warrington: Bunker 38 (Warrington)
- Clue HQ Birmingham: Bunker 38 (Birmingham)
- Clue HQ Brentwood: Bunker 38 (Brentwood)
- Clue HQ Glasgow: Bunker 38 (Glasgow)
- Clue HQ Leicester: Bunker 38 (Leicester)
- Clue HQ Blackpool Promenade: Bunker 38 (Blackpool)
- Clue HQ Kingston-upon-Thames: Bunker 38 (Kingston upon Thames)
- Clue HQ Bury: Bunker 38 (Bury)
- Clue HQ Bournemouth: Bunker 38 (Bournemouth)
- Clue HQ Bristol: Bunker 38 (Bristol)